Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Winning is Good!


Well folks LCBC had some excellent results recently.

First of all Zachory Hyland who now resides in Chicago,  IL. Took a huge win at the Villa Park Grand Prix (cat 1/2/3 masters) 

These are His own words on the race:

My race was called Villa Park Grand Prix. It was in the western suburbs of Chicago. I won it on a last lap flyer( think Fabian Cancellara style). I countered a move and caught everyone off guard. I was dying  out there but still managed to pull it off somehow without much room to spare.

Great Job Zachory and thanks for keeping LCBC a winning National team.


Also in other race news I was able to get out to another race, the Dawg Days of Summer circuit race. The weather was not looking to dry and that's just my type of race. I'm not shy in nasty weather and I pride myself on bike handling skills... (Think Peter Sagan)
I knew I had to redeem myself for the poor showing at Millersburg. If I was feeling good I would give it my all. I actually didn't feel like crap (amazing what 8 hrs of sleep will do for your body) I decided to rev up the engine on the 4th lap in by taking a solo flyer. The solo flyer didn't work but I was able to pull off a 5th place finish in the final sprint out of 60 or so finishers, under somewhat sketchy conditions and a very fast pace.

Big Money winnings, time to quit the day job.

Also check out these GoPro cam videos of the race. You can't miss me , longsleeve skinsuit, neon yellow socks.



Thanks for reading keep the wheels spinning folks!!

Luke




No comments:

Post a Comment